Great Tibet Tour Logo GREAT TIBET TOUR ®

Permit Application

  • by Zoe
  • Last Updated: 2021-01-17

​Based on the rule of Tibet Travel Permit(also being called Tibet Visa) application, all international travelers should complete the form about the Tibet tour details listed below and comply with the following obligatory notes:

  1. When do you start your Tibet travel? When does your tour in Tibet come to an end?
  2. Which city will you arrive in before getting to Tibet? And which city will you head to after your Tibet tour?
  3. How many travelers will join in this trip?

We Great Tibet Tour will help you apply for the Tibet Permit after you fill in this application form. In order to get it successfully, please input all the details carefully. As soon as we receive your application, we will contact you within 24 hours.

Your Tibet Tour Plan

Your Contact Information

Please let us know more about your tibet travel plan so that we can provide detailed info to apply your Tibet Travel Permit and serve you better!


  1. ​ According to the stipulation, if you are a journalist, diplomat, professional photographer, foreign official, monk, Bhutanese, Taiwanese, you are not allowed to enter Tibet. Hindus are not allowed to travel to Ngari Prefecture in Tibet through a Tibet Travel Agency. Instead, you can contact Foreign Affairs Office of TAR or Pilgrim Center.
  2. Tibet Travel Permit can only be applied by an eligible Tibet local travel agency. You need to book your Tibet tours first, as your Tibet Permit will record all your travel details in Tibet. We will contact you immediately as you finish the application form.
  3. After you fill in and submit this form, it does not mean you have applied for your Tibet Permit successfully. Stay a close contact with your consultant.

Related Articles

  • Tibet Travel Permit(Tibet Visa)
    Tibet Travel Permit/Tibet Visa is a mandatory entry document to Tibet. To obtain it, you need to entrust a Tibet travel agency to apply it for you.

  • Military Permit
    Military Permit is issued by Military office in Lhasa. It's an additional permit besides your Tibet Travel Permit for your visiting Ngrai, Nyingchi, etc.

  • Bhutan Visa
    For US and Canadian citizens, getting a Bhutan visa is an easy procedure by booking a tour prior. For Indian citizens, you can apply for a permit on your own.

  • China Group Visa
    If you enter Tibet from Nepal, a China Group visa is required instead of a China visa. It can be applied from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.

  • Nepal Visa
    Tourists can get a Nepal visa on arrival when reaching Kathmandu airport or road borders at Birganj, Sunauli, etc. $30 for a 15-day entry Nepal tourist visa.

  • Tibet Visa for Indian
    For Indians, if you travel to Tibet except for Ngari, you will get a Tibet visa like other international travelers. If you plan to visit Ngari, you will be considered a pilgrim. If you have a passport from the US or other countries, you will be treated as a normal tourist even if you go to Ngari.

  • Chinese Visa
    Your Chinese Visa is required to obtain Tibet Permit if you plan to get to Tibet from mainland China. How to smoothly apply for Chinese Visa in your country? Check the details and find the answers.

  • Why Not Mention Tibet During Your China Visa Applying
    When you go to Tibet, your experienced tour consultants would advise you not to mention Tibet during your China Visa application. But why it is so? What about the documents for visiting Tibet? Check more for detailed info.

  • Permit without Tour
    Some of tourists want to obtain Tibet Permits without tour while according to the regulations, it is impossible for us to help with Tibet Travel Permits for independent travelers anymore.

  • Tibet Tourism Bureau
    Tibet Travel Permit, which also known as “Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit” or “Tibet Entry Permit”, is the indispensable permit for international travelers to travel to Tibet.

  • Tibet Border Pass
    When tourists plan to travel to Mount Everest, Mount Kailash and other border areas between Tibet and other countries, the Tibet Border Pass is required. While, this pass can not be applied by themselves, and travelers should ask help from the travel agency.

Ask a Quick Question Below? Or Call 0086-891-6679450
or Email Us

Typically Asked Questions from Our Clients

Asked by Chir***

We plan to travel from europe to india by road and enroute would like to visit Mansarovar. We plan to travel in the month of July 2021. We enter into Tibet from Lhasa then visit mansarovar and then leave tibet to enter into nepal towards Kathmandu. We would be driving a european registered car. Please also let us know what kind of permits, visas and health checks required.

Answered by Beatrice 2021-01-30

Foreign travelers are not allowed to drive in Tibet so the best solution is to hire a vehicle and tour guide to visit Tibet. You may visit Kathmandu first and park your car here. Then take a flight to Lhasa and take an overland tour back to Kathamndu. Hope this info helpful for you.

Asked by Reto***

2019.06.04 - Travel to Lhasa flight MU5939 from Kunming arriving at 12:25 I have booked 2019.06.04 - 2019.06.07 Hotel Bee Hub 3 nights I have booked 2019.06.07 - Departure by train Z 918 departure 9.00 I have booked to Xining we have a china visa

Answered by Cherry 2019-04-11

In your inquiry, you mentioned you would like to have a Tibet Tour from Jun.4th to Jun.7th. According to the regulations, foreigners are not allowed to travel to Tibet alone. So, you need to book a tour with a travel agency. 

We can apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you. 

We can open a 4 Days Lhasa Essential Group Tour with the departure date on Jun.4th for you. 

I will quote for you after you confirm the itinerary. 

Asked by Natt***

Hello. I will spend 5 days (April 12-16, 2019) travelling in Nyingchi and nearby places, may be the route to Ranwu lake.I plan to fly from Chendu to Nyingchi directly.I would like to make the Tibet travel permit and also Alien"s travel permit. How to do these and how about the cost per person? Thank you.

Answered by Caroline 2019-02-24

In your inquiry, you mentioned that five of you would like to visit Nyingchi from 12-16 April 2019.

According to the regulations, foreigners have to provide Tibet Travel Permit when traveling to Tibet. Besides, must be accompanied by a tour guide. Not travel agencies will provide Tibet Permit only without a tour booking. Because as the inviter, travel agencies have to take responsibilities for clients’ behaviors in Tibet. Thus, we could arrange the Tibet Permit and Aliens’ Permit for your as long as you book a tour with us. Please have your understanding!

I will send you the quotation after you confirm the arrangement. If you have any further questions or doubts, please let me know without hesitation.

Asked by Ange***

Hi, I would love to travel in lhasa from Kathmandu .Having said that I need a china group visa and book a tour. I need to know how long I can stay in lhasa with china group tour . Is it possible I can extend my stay two week extra for the tour in Tibet. How is work for travelling from Kathmandu to lhasa and then back to Bejine.

Answered by Cherry 2019-01-12

In your inquiry, you mentioned you would like to travel to Lhasa from Kathmandu. You can stay 30 days in Lhasa with China Group Visa. You can fly to Lhasa then fly to Beijing or take a train to Beijing. If you would like to stay 2 weeks extra for the tour in Lhasa, we need to arrange a guide for you every day. 

May I know when would you like to have a Tibet tour? There is no time for us to get your Tibet Travel Permit and China Group Visa for Jan.15th. 
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Asked by Jame***

Visit as a tourist

Answered by Cherry 2018-10-24

In your inquiry, you mentioned you would like to apply for the Tibet Travel Permit. We can apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you after you the tour with us. 

We have 8 Days Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Mt. Everest Group Tour with the departure date on Jan.7th. Is it available to you?

Read More ...