Lhasa Mt. Everest Kathmandu Overland Group Tour
- 7 Days
- From USD980
- Lhasa-Shigatse-EBC-Nepal Border
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
- Group Size:
- Max 12
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities||Accommodation||Meals|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel.||Lhasa, 3★/4★|
|2||Lhasa Sightseeing||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B,D|
|3||Lhasa Sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B|
|4||Lhasa- Gyantse(4040m)- Shigatse(3840m), 360km, approx. 7hrs||Yamdroktso Lake, Karola Glacier, Simila Mountain Pass, Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Far view of Gyangtse Fortress||Shigatse, 3★/4★||B|
|5||Shigatse - Tingri - EBC(5100m), 350km, approx 7hrs||Tashilunpo Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery, sunset of golden Everest peak||Rongbuk guesthouse or Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)||B|
|6||EBC – Gyirong Border 370km, approx. 8hrs||Everest Base Camp, Pekutso Lake, Far view of Mt. Shishapangma||Gyirong, Guesthouse|
|7||Gyirong to Nepal border||Send off to Gyirong border|
Our staff will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway to transfer you to the hotel. From Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa, it usually takes about one hour; from Lhasa Railway Station, about 20mins. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day's well-rest is crucial to acclimatize the high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to have a shower if you can help it.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
Our guide and driver will pick you up at the hotel in the early morning and then drive to visit the Drepung Monastery , which is located at the foot of the Gambo Utse Mountain, 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) from the western suburb of Lhasa. Drepung Monastery is known as the most important monastery of Gelugpa in Tibetan Buddhism. It was founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choeje, who's one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.
After lunch, you are going to visit the Sera Monastery, which is renowned as the most beautiful Tibetan Monastery. Sera Monastery is one of three famous monasteries in the city along with the Drepung Monastery and the Ganden Monastery. One of the main attractions of Sera Monastery is debating. As a part of their study, lamas must participate in debates to further their comprehension and proceed to more advanced levels of study. The debating usually is held at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon except for Sunday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
- Welcome Dinner
Today, we will go to the famous world heritage Potala Palace. It’s situated on the Red Hill of central Lhasa. Potala Palace is the highest ancient palace in the world, reaching 3,767.19m (12,359.55ft) at the topmost point. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
In the afternoon, take an easy visit to Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang temple is the most sacred temple all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims. After you visit the temple, you'll have time to walk around the Barkhor street, which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as the crowded central market of Lhasa since the early days. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
We will pass by Kampala pass (4790m) on the way from Lhasa to Shigatse and visit Yamdrok Lake. Covering 638 km², Yamdrok Lake is one of the top three sacred lakes in Tibet. The lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and is fed by numerous small streams.
Later we will pass and enjoy the Karola Glacier on the roadside. It is about 300m from the main highway with easy access on your way to Gyantse.
Then visit the main monastery in Gyantse - Pelkor Chode Monastery. Pelkhor Chode in Gyantse town is located about 230km to the south of Lhasa and 100km to the east of Shigatse. The monastery is a short walk from the heart of the town.
Stay overnight in Shigatse, 3★/4★
In the morning, we will visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery and then drive to Lhatse, a small town located 150 km from Shigatse, and you may have lunch in the local restaurant. After a short rest, you will go ahead to Tingri. You will pass Tsola Pass(4600M), and Gyatsola Pass(5248M). In the late afternoon, you enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy the panorama of the Himalayas at Gawula Pass (5198m).Then we drive along the new zigzag road to Rongbuk Monastery or Everest Base Camp to stay overnight. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of golden Everest peak.
If it’s summertime (usually May~Oct), we will carry on the last few kilometers to Everest Tent Camp to stay the night; if winter time (usually Nov~Apr), we will stay at Rongbuk Monastery’s guesthouse. Both places have but only the dorm bed lodging available. Both places you can see the glorious Everest sunset if the weather is good.
Stay overnight in Rongbuk guesthouse or Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)
We didn’t include breakfast this morning. You will understand why when you’re at Everest Base Camp. Tibetan breakfast, such as noodle, zanba, etc. abt CNY 30 is available here. You are highly suggested to bring along some cookies, instant coffee. etc. on your own. You can get up early and enjoy the sunrise of Everest Peak at the lodging area if the weather is good. After sightseeing, we will drive to Gyirong, the border which connects Tibet & Nepal. On the way, tourists can enjoy the breathtaking vista of Mt. Shishapangma and Pekutso Lake. After passing the Ghungtang Lhamo(5236M), we will arrive in Gyirong in the late afternoon.
Stay overnight in Gyirong Town
- Everest Base Camp
Cost & Calendar
All prices are in US Dollar / Person
Economic Class (3-Star Hotels)
|2021-10-08 ~ 2021-10-31||2021-11-01 ~ 2021-12-31|
Comfortable Class (4-Star Hotels)
|2021-10-08 ~ 2021-10-31||2021-11-01 ~ 2021-12-31|
|Starting Date||Price From||Booked||Book Now|
|2021-11-01||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-11-08||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-11-15||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-11-22||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-11-29||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-12-06||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-12-13||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-12-20||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2021-12-27||USD980||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-24||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-31||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-07||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-14||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-21||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-28||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-30||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-02||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-05||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-12||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-19||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-26||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-02||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-09||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-16||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-23||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-30||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-06||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-13||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-20||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-27||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-04||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-11||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-18||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-25||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-01||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-08||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-15||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-22||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-29||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-06||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-13||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-20||USD||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-27||USD||open for booking||Book|
No desired date of departure? Please send us an inquiry and we will try to arrange your tour according to your plan.
You may only enjoy one of the advantageous policy, not both.
|Option A:||3 or More to Join the Same Group||$30 Off / person|
|Option B:||Tour in Apr~Oct||
A minimum of 2 people for opening a new group is required.
|Confirmed Dates||Book at least 12 working days ahead of time|
|Dates Listed||2 Persons or above, 45-day prior|
|Dates Not Listed||2 Persons, 90-day prior|
3 Persons or above, 45-day prior
* Lodgings: 4 Nights, twin room en suite in 3★/4★; 2 Night in GUESTHOUSE;
* Meal: 4 Breakfasts & 1 Welcome Dinner
* Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
* Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on the first day;
* Pick-up from Lhasa Gonggar Airport to your hotel at 9:30 am and 4:00 pm on the first day;
* Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide
* Attractions: all entrance fee mentioned in the itinerary
* Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB); Alien's Travel Permit(PSB) to be applied in Shigatse with your original passport which takes abt 30mins;
* Travel Agency Liability insurance;
* Government Tax;
* Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express)
* Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
* Oxygen tank for emergency use;
* Two bottles of mineral water per person per day;
* International flight to and out of China;
* Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.);
* If you miss the free transfer schedule due to flight delay or cancelation, then you are required to pay a private transfer from USD 80/vehicle/time;
* Transfer from Gyriong port to Kathmandu;
* Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal;
* While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. You are suggested to tip each of them 5-10 USD/day in total;
* All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
* Personal expenses;
* Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
* Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) usually takes about 12-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra handling fee will be charged. Please consult your travel consultant for details;
* We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa;
* If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels;
* We need to pick up and drop off all members of the group on the first day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver;
* Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, the single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin room, the single supplement will be refunded;
* The accommodation conditions on Everest is kind of basic due to the geographic and climatic situation. As we try to bring you the best tour experience, the double room of Rongbuk Monastery guesthouse will be our first choice for you to stay overnight there. However, there are limited numbers of those rooms, which are not accepted a reservation in advance, especially during the peak tourist season. Thus, when the standard rooms run out, we would arrange all the group members to stay in the multiple bedded rooms of Rongbuk Monastery or the nomad tent at EBC tent area. Both of them provide dorm beds only. If you don’t want to share the room with others, you could pay the price difference of the vacant beds;
* All members of the same group must be with the same tour guide during the whole trip. So all members must follow the same itinerary and visit the same attractions. If anyone requests to change the scheduled arrangement for your own reasons, you need to get permission from other members and accept the possible payment change if any.
I did not have a chance to write back sooner since we have been very busy. I did want to thank you for arranging the amazing trip in Tibet. Everything was excellent, better than could have been expected. We especially want to provide feedback on how great the guide Lopsang and the driver were. Their ....Read more testimonials...