Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Group Tour
- 8 Days
- From USD930
- Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse - EBC - Shigatse – Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
- Group Size:
- Max 12
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities||Accommodation||Meals|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel.||Lhasa, 3★/4★|
|2||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B,D|
|3||Lhasa Sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B|
|4||Lhasa- Gyantse(4040m)- Shigatse(3840m), 360km, Approx. 7hrs||Yamdroktso Lake, Karola Glacier, Simila Mountain Pass, Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Far view of Gyangtse Fortress||Shigatse, 3★/4★||B|
|5||Shigatse - Tingri - EBC(5100m), 350km, Approx. 8hrs||Rongbuk Monastery, Sunset of Golden Everest Peak||Rongbuk guesthouse / Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)||B|
|6||EBC - Shigatse, 350km, Approx. 7hrs||Sunrise of Golden Everest Peak, Everest Base Camp||Shigatse, 3★/4★|
|7||Shigatse - Lhasa, 300km, Approx. 5hrs||Tashilhunpo Monastery||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B|
|8||Depart from Lhasa||Send off to the airport/railway station||B|
Taking a flight into Tibet will give you a panorama of the snowy Himalaya Mountains Or 1-2 days of train riding over the high plateau by crossing Tanggula Mountains with beautiful sceneries along the way. Once you arrive, our local Tibetan tour guide and driver will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway Station to transfer you to the hotel. From the airport to downtown Lhasa, it takes about 1.2hrs; from Lhasa Railway Station, about 20mins. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day's well-rest is crucial to acclimatize the high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to take a shower if you can help it.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It was the world's largest monastery that housed more than 10,000 monks. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa's disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive thing about Sera Monastery is the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 - 17:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
- Welcome Dinner
Today, you will visit the most famous Potala Palace, which is the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. Potala Palace was the winter palace of successive Dalai lamas. It was built by the 33rd great king of Tibet - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th Century. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
At noon, the tour guide will bring you to a good restaurant to have lunch and have a rest. In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street - one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it‘s also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
We will pass by Kampala pass (4790m) on the way from Lhasa to Shigatse and visit Yamdrok Lake. Covering 638 km², Yamdrok Lake is one of the top three sacred lakes in Tibet. The lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and is fed by numerous small streams.
Later we will pass and enjoy the Karola Glacier on the roadside. It is about 300m from the main highway with easy access on your way to Gyantse.
Then visit the main monastery in Gyantse - Pelkor Chode Monastery. Pelkhor Chode in Gyantse town is located about 230km to the south of Lhasa and 100km to the east of Shigatse. The monastery is a short walk from the heart of the town.
Stay overnight in Shigatse, 3★/4★
In the morning, you will leave Shigatse to Lhatse, a small town located 150 km from Shigatse, and you may have lunch in the local restaurant. After a short rest, you will go ahead to Tingri. You will pass Tsola Pass(4600M), and Gyatsola Pass(5248M). In the late afternoon, you enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy the panorama of the Himalayas at Gawula Pass (5198m). Then we drive along the zigzag road to Rongbuk Monastery or the Everest Base Camp to stay overnight. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of golden Everest peak.
If it’s summertime (usually May~Oct), we will stay overnight at the nomad tents of the Everest Base Camp; if winter time (usually Nov~Apr), we will stay at Rongbuk Monastery’s guesthouse. Both places have but only the dorm bed lodging available. From both places, you can see the glorious Everest sunset if the weather is good.
Stay overnight in Rongbuk guesthouse or Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)
- Rongbuk Monastery
You can get up early and enjoy the sunrise of Everest Peak at Everest Base Camp if the weather is good. After sightseeing, we will drive you back to Shigatse and enjoy the fabulous view along the way.
Stay overnight in Shigatse, 3★/4★
- Everest Base Camp
In Shigatse, we will visit Tashilunpo Monastery - the home of Panchen Lama. It was founded by the 1st Dalai Lama in 1447 and is a historic and culturally important monastery in Shigatse. It's located in the central hill of the city, the full name in Tibetan of the monastery means "all fortune and happiness gathered here" or "heap of glory". Drive back to Lhasa from Shigatse along the Friendship Highway, the northern route to Lhasa. On the way, you’ll see the Yarlung Tsangpo Valley.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
- Tashilhunpo Monastery
Today your guide and driver will escort you to the airport or railway station for your next destination. Before your departure, we will appreciate if you can spend a few minutes to evaluate our services either by filling the feedback form or simply send us an email when you get back home. Your whole trip is officially ended.
Cost & Calendar
All prices are in US Dollar / Person
Economic Class (3-Star Hotels)
|2021-11-01 ~ 2022-03-31||2022-04-01 ~ 2022-06-30||2022-07-01 ~ 2022-08-31||2022-09-01 ~ 2022-10-07||2022-10-08 ~ 2022-10-31||2022-11-01 ~ 2022-12-31|
Comfortable Class (4-Star Hotels)
|2021-11-01 ~ 2022-03-30||2022-04-01 ~ 2022-06-30||2022-07-01 ~ 2022-08-31||2022-09-01 ~ 2022-10-07||2022-10-08 ~ 2022-10-31||2022-11-01 ~ 2022-12-31|
|Starting Date||Price From||Booked||Book Now|
|2022-01-23||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-02-06||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-02-13||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-01||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-03||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-06||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-08||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-13||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-15||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-20||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-04-27||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-04||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-06||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-08||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-11||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-24||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-05-31||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-07||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-14||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-21||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-06-30||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-02||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-05||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-12||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-19||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-07-26||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-02||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-09||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-16||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-23||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-08-30||USD1080||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-06||USD1020||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-13||USD1020||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-20||USD1020||open for booking||Book|
|2022-09-27||USD1020||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-04||USD1020||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-11||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-18||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-10-25||USD950||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-01||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-08||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-15||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-22||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-11-29||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-06||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-13||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-20||USD930||open for booking||Book|
|2022-12-27||USD930||open for booking||Book|
No desired date of departure? Please send us an inquiry and we will try to arrange your tour according to your plan.
You may only enjoy one of the advantageous policy, not both.
|Option A:||3 or More to Join the Same Group||$30 Off / person|
|Option B:||Tour in Apr~Oct||
|Confirmed Dates||12-working-day prior|
1 Person, 75-day prior|
2 Persons or above, 45-day prior
|Dates Not Listed||1~2 Persons, 90-day prior|
* Lodgings: 6 Nights, twin room en suite in 3★/4★;
1 Night, dorm bed at GUESTHOUSE or NOMAD TENT;
* Meal: 6 Breakfasts & 1 Welcome Dinner
* Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
* Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all times on the first & last day;
* Pick-up from Lhasa Gonggar Airport to your hotel at 9:30 am and 4:00 pm on the first day;
* Drop-off from your hotel to Lhasa Gonggar Airport at 6:00 am and 12:30 pm on the last day;
* Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide
* Attractions: all entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
* Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB); Alien's Travel Permit(PSB) to be applied in Shigatse with your original passport which takes abt 30mins;
* Travel Agency Liability insurance;
* Government Tax;
* Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express)
* Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
* Oxygen tank for emergency use;
* Two bottles of mineral water per person per day;
* International flight to and out of China;
* Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
* If you miss the free transfer schedule due to flight delay or cancelation, then you are required to pay a private transfer from USD 80/vehicle/time.
* Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
* While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. You are suggested to tip each of them 5-10 USD/day in total;
* All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
* Personal expenses;
* Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
* Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) usually takes about 12-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra handling fee will be charged. Please consult your travel consultant for details;
* We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa;
* If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels;
* We need to pick up and drop off all members of the group on the first & last day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver;
* Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight/train, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in a change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travelers; if any attraction visits have to be canceled due to the same reasons above, GTT won't be held responsible for a refund except for certain attraction entrance fees which will be solely decided by GTT.
* Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, a single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin room, the single supplement will be refunded.
* The accommodation condition on Everest is kind of basic due to the geographic and climatic situation. As we try to bring you the best tour experience, the double room of Rongbuk Monastery guesthouse will be our first choice for you to stay overnight there. However, there are limited numbers of those rooms, which are not accepted a reservation in advance, especially during the peak tourist season. Thus, when the standard rooms run out, we would arrange all group members to stay in the multiple bedded rooms of Rongbuk Monastery or the nomad tent at the EBC tent area. Both of them provide dorm beds only. If you don’t want to share the room with others, you could pay the price difference for the vacant beds.
The rooms of the hotel in Lhasa were very good, but I felt the breakfast needed more variety. The Cesar/Caesar hotel in Shigatse was good and this breakfast was much better with a good and large variety of things to choose from. Obviously the night at the Rongbuk guesthouse was a bit cold. ....Read more testimonials...