Lhasa Mt Everest & Mt Kailash Kathmandu Group Tour
- 12 Days
- From USD1860
- Lhasa – Gyantse – Shigatse - EBC - Saga – Darchen - Kailash Trek - Lake Manasarovar – Zhongba - Gyriong
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
- Group Size:
- Max 12
This 12 days Lhasa Mt.Everest & Mt Kailash Kora Pilgrimage group tour were newly opened from 2019. It's for travelers who'd like to have three days trekking around Mt.Kailash and overland tour to Kathmandu. This tour starts from Lhasa, and you can visit the best holy part of Lhasa city like the world heritage Potala Palace, sacred Jokhang temple, etc. Then, you will drive to the west of Tibet, Nagri, via Shigatse and Saga. Along the way, you will visit the deep turquoise Yamdroktso Lake, the world's highest peak-Mount Everest, and famous monasteries. When you arrive in Darchen, you will start three days Mt Kailash Kora from here. The altitude would be 4700m. Your three days trekking would be at this altitude, more or less 100m around. After that, you will drive to the Gyirong border. From here, you can transfer to Kathmandu city and visit famous resorts in Nepal and enjoy wildlife in Chitwan, a well-known jungle in Nepal.
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities||Accommodation||Meals|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3680m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel.||Lhasa, 3★/4★|
|2||Lhasa sightseeing||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B,D|
|3||Lhasa sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B|
|4||Lhasa- Gyantse(4040m)- Shigatse(3840m), 360km, approx 7hrs||Yamdroktso Lake, Karola Glacier, Simila Mountain Pass, Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Far view of Gyangtse Fortress||Shigatse, 3★/4★||B|
|5||Shigatse -Tingri -Rongpuk –EBC(5100m), 350km, approx. 7hrs||Tashilhunpo Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery, sunset of golden Everest peak||Rongpuk guesthouse / Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)||B|
|6||EBC-Saga (4600m), 450km, approx. 9hrs||sunrise of Everest Peak, Everest Base Camp, Far view of the Mt.Shishapangma, Peikutso Lake||Saga, Guesthouse|
|7||Saga – Darchen (4560m), 490km, approx 9hrs||Sand dunes, beautiful grassland and local's villages, Far view of the Mt. Naimonanyi||Darchen, Guesthouse/4★|
|8||Mt Kailash Kora①: Darchen - Dirapuk (4700m), Drive 5km, Trek 15km, Approx. 7~11hrs||Wild landscapes around Mt.Kailash, Drirapuk Monastery||Guesthouse (Dorm Bed)||B(only 4★)|
|9||Mt Kailash Kora②: Dirapuk - Zutulpuk (4790m), Trek 22km, Approx. 11~14hrs||Wild landscapes around Mt.Kailash, Zutulpuk Monastery||Guesthouse (Dorm Bed)|
|10||Mt Kailash Kora③: Zuktulpuk- Darchen, Trek 9km, Approx. 2~5hrs; Drive from Darchen -Manasarovar (4560m)-Zhongba, 340km, Approx. 5.5hrs||Manasarovar Lake||Zhongba, 3★|
|11||Zhongba - Gyirong Town, 344km, approx. 7hrs||Gyirong Valley||Gyirong, 3★|
|12||Gyirong to Nepal border||Send off to Gyirong border|
Our staff will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway to transfer you to the hotel. From Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa, usually, it takes about one hour. It’s about 20 minutes driving from Lhasa Railway Station to your hotel. In order to adapt to the high altitude in Tibet, you'd better have a rest and don’t do strenuous exercise. If you feel good, you can visit the Potala Palace Square, far view the Yaowang Mountain and take a panoramic view of the Potala Palace. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light and high carbohydrate foods help you adapt to the high altitude better.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
After breakfast in the hotel, tour guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of the hotel and pick you up to Drepung monastery, located about 10km to the north of Lhasa. Drepung monastery is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet with Sera Monastery and Ganden Monastery.
In the Afternoon, you will visit Sera Monastery, another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, home to over 600 monks. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon from Monday to Saturday. Even if you can’t understand their debating, it’s interesting.
You will have a welcoming dinner this tonight, talk with group members from all over the world.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
- Welcome Dinner
Today, you will visit the most famous Potala Palace according to the time of ticket and in peak season, there is a visit time limitation. Potala Palace is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It has been put into use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
At noon, the tour guide will bring you to a good restaurant to have lunch and have a rest. In the afternoon, you will head to Jokhang Temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor Street, where you can do Kora with pilgrims and locals and explore the old market.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
We will pass by Kampala pass (4794m) on the way from Lhasa to Shigatse and visit Yamdrok Lake. Covering 638Km², Yamdrok Lake is one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet. The lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and is fed by numerous small streams.
Later we will pass and enjoy the Karola Glacier on the roadside. It is about 300m from the main highway with easy access on your way to Gyantse.
Then visit the main monastery in Gyantse - Pelkor Chode Monastery. Pelkhor Chode in Gyantse town is located about 230km to the south of Lhasa and 100kmto east of Shigatse. The monastery is a short walk from the heart of the town.
Stay overnight in Shigatse, 3★/4★
In the morning, we will visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery and then drive to Lhatse, a small town located 150 km from Shigatse, and you may have lunch in the local restaurant. After a short rest, you will go ahead to Tingri. You will pass Tsola Pass(4600M), and Gyatsola Pass(5248M). In the late afternoon, you enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy the panorama of Himalaya at Gawula Pass (5198m). Then we drive along the new zigzag road to Rongpuk or the Tent Camp to stay overnight. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of golden Everest peak.
Stay overnight in Rongpuk guesthouse or Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed)
You can get up early and enjoy the sunrise of Everest Peak at Everest Base Camp if the weather is good. After that, drive to saga, on the way, you can view of the worlds’14th highest peak Mt.Shishapangma (8012m). Later, you will reach Lake Peikutso(4590m) and have a rest there. Then continue to Saga, If you are lucky enough, you are very likely to see wild animals like the wild donkey, wild antelope, etc.
Stay overnight in Saga, Guesthouse
Today, you will spend a lot of time on the way, but it’s worthy to see the landscape along the way.You’ll have stunning views of the great Himalayans to the south and Trans-Himalayan to the north as we drive across the vast plains. This region is home to nomads, you’ll see the beautiful grassland and local's villages. As we cross the Mayomla Pass (5112M), you can enjoy the spectacular vista of Mt. Naimonanyi(7694M).
During this thrilling journey, you’ll pass by sand dunes, mountains, and sandstone valleys before we reach the Darchen, a small nomadic village and important launch point for pilgrimages around Mt. Kailash. Upon your arrival, you can explore the Darchen town on your own. If you need porters and yaks, your tour guide will arrange it for you this afternoon.
Stay overnight in Guesthouse/4★
In the morning, you will take an eco-bus (included in the cost) to Sarshung valley and start the trekking from there. If you have hired porters and yaks in the last day, you’ll meet them there. (The cost of hiring yaks, horses, and porters are not included in the package). You’ll trek about 15 km from Sarshung valley to Drirapuk Monastery, where you will stay overnight there in a guesthouse.
Stay overnight in Guesthouse, Dorm Bed
Today is the most challenging day of the trekking, you’ll climb over the highest pass of the Kora, the Dromala pass(5630m). After a short rest at the top, we will climb down into the long valley and stop for lunch at the Shabjay Dakpo nomadic tent. On the way, you can have a rest in a teahouse. Then you will continue to the Zultulpuk , built by two important religious figures, Milarepa and Naro Bonchung. At last, you will visit Zutulpuk Monastery. You will find the footprint and handprint of Milarepa inside the cave.
Stay overnight in Guesthouse, Dorm Bed
It's an easy day of the trek. You'll trek 9km to complete the Kora then take the eco bus back to Darchen. According to Buddhism theory, doing a kora around a holy mountain for one circle can get rid of the sins and miseries for the whole life. Only after going through lots of hardships, you can feel the happiness and gratification brought by kora. Then you take the shuttle bus back to Darchen, about 3km. We will drive you from Darchen to Mansarovar, the top holy lake in Tibet. It’s 40km to the southwest of Darchen. If the weather is good, you can see the splendid scenery of the lake Manasarovar. If you feel good, you can do a trek along the shore of the lake for a while. And then you'll head to Zhongba.
Stay overnight in Zhongba, Guesthouse
Today we will drive to Gyirong town from Zhongba. In the afternoon, you will visit Gyirong Valley, which is regarded as the backyard garden of the Himalayas. You will see lust forest and breath fresh air. You will be amazed by the creator's masterpiece that 4 seasons exist in such a narrow valley. Gyirong, in Tibetan language, it means comfort or happyness. It's said Gyirong was named by Padma sambhava Buddha, when he entered Tibet from here.
Stay overnight in Gyirong, 3★
Cost & Calendar
All prices are in US Dollar / Person
Economic Class (3-Star Hotels)
|2020-01-01 ~ 2020-04-30||2020-05-01 ~ 2020-06-30||2020-07-01 ~ 2020-08-31||2020-09-01 ~ 2020-10-07||2020-10-08 ~ 2020-10-31|
Comfortable Class (4-Star Hotels)
|2020-01-01 ~ 2020-04-30||2020-05-01 ~ 2020-06-30||2020-07-31 ~ 2020-08-31||2020-09-01 ~ 2020-10-07||2020-10-08 ~ 2020-10-31|
|Starting Date||Price From||Booked||Book Now|
|2020-05-01||USD1870||open for booking||Book|
|2020-05-15||USD1870||open for booking||Book|
|2020-06-01||USD1870||open for booking||Book|
|2020-06-15||USD1870||open for booking||Book|
|2020-07-02||USD2140||open for booking||Book|
|2020-07-16||USD2140||open for booking||Book|
|2020-08-10||USD2140||open for booking||Book|
|2020-08-24||USD2140||open for booking||Book|
|2020-09-07||USD2110||open for booking||Book|
|2020-09-21||USD2110||open for booking||Book|
|2020-10-02||USD2110||open for booking||Book|
|2020-10-14||USD1870||open for booking||Book|
No desired date of departure? Please send us an inquiry and we will try to arrange your tour according to your plan.
You may only enjoy one of the advantageous policy, not both.
|Option A:||3 or More to Join the Same Group||$105 / person|
|Option B:||Tour in Apr~Oct||
A minimum of 2 people for opening a new group is required.
|Confirmed Dates||Book at least 30 working days ahead of time|
|Dates Listed||2 Persons or above, 45-day prior|
|Dates Not Listed||2 Persons, 90-day prior|
3 Persons or above, 45-day prior
* Comfortable Hotel Accommodations as listed in the itinerary;
* Meals as listed in the itinerary;
* Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
* Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on the first & last day;
* Pick-up from Lhasa Gonggar Airport to your hotel at 9:30 am, 13:00 pm and 16:00 pm on the first day;
* Shuttle Bus fee go to Kailash: USD10/person;
* Shuttle Bus fee back from Kailash: USD10/person;
* Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
* All entrance fee mentioned in the itinerary;
* All necessary permits to Tibet;
* Travel Agency Liability insurance;
* Government Tax;
* Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express)
* Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
* Oxygen tank for emergency use;
* Two bottles of mineral water per person per day;
* Yaks & herders during 3-Day Mt Kailash Kora;
* Shuttle Bus fee at Lake Manasarovar: USD 43/person;
* International flight to and out of China;
* Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We’d like to book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
* If you miss the free transfer schedule due to flight delay or cancelation, then you are required to pay private transfer from USD 80/vehicle/time.
* Transfer from Gyirong to Kathmandu；
* Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
* While Gratuities for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
* All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
* Personal expenses;
* Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
* Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) & Military Permit usually takes about 30-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra handling fee will be charged. Please consult your travel consultant for details;
* During the 3-day Mt Kailash Kora—
Lodgings: clean dorm-bed guesthouse; in peak season, we provide the tent in case the guesthouses are fully booked by Indian pilgrims.
Food: locals sell Tibetan noodles (USD 5) & instant noodles(USD 2) along the way.
Luggage: leave most of your luggage in our vehicle, bring only the necessary.
* We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa;
* If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels;
* We need to pick up and drop off all members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver;
* Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight/train, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in a change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travelers; if any attraction visits have to be canceled due to the same reasons above, GTT won't be held responsible for a refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by GTT.
* Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, the single supplement is required at the time of booking. If there is another traveler to share the room with you, the single supplement will be refunded.