Lhasa Tsetang Lhamo Latso Tour
- 8 Days
- Lhasa-Tsetang-Chökorgye-Lhamo Latso-Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel.|
|2||Lhasa sightseeing||Drak Yerpa, Sera monastery|
|3||Lhasa City||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|4||Lhasa - Samye - Trandruk - Yumbulagang - Tsetang(3580m), 280km, approx 5hrs||Trandruk Monastery, Samye Monastery, Yumbulagang Palace|
|5||Tsetang - Gyatsa – Chökorgye, 360km, approx 6hrs||Chökorgye Monastery|
|6||Chökorgye - Lhamo Latso(5000m) - Chökorgye, 350km, approx 7hrs||Lhamo Latso Lake|
|7||Chökorgye - Lhasa, 200km, approx 4hrs||Local Tibetan Family Visit|
|8||Depart from Lhasa||Send off to the airport/railway station|
Welcome to Lhasa! Our local Tibetan guide and driver will wait for you at Lhasa Airport/Railway Station by holding your name sign. You will be greeted with a warm Tashidelek (meaning hello with blessing), and be presented with a white Hada (traditional Tibetan ceremonial by giving you a white scarf). Then transfer you to your hotel in Lhasa city. On the way, you can enjoy the stunning views along the Yarlung Tsangpo River. After checking in your hotel, the rest of the day is free for you to have a good rest and acclimatize to the high altitude at the top of the world. If you physically feel good, you can visit the Potala Palace Square, far view the Yaowang Mountain and take a panoramic view of the Potala Palace. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light and have high carbohydrate food, which will be helpful to you to adapt to the high altitude better.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning, you are heading to Drak Yerpa, a place maybe not that famous but with its advantage. It consists of a monastery and several ancient meditation caves. Some arrow holes on the cliffs are believed to prove that the legendary hero Ling Gesar had visited this valley.
In the afternoon, you will pay a visit to Sera Monastery, which is one of the "great three" Gelug monasteries of Tibet. Monks debate from 3pm to 5pm. It's exciting, even if you don't understand what they are talking about at all. If the debate is not your type, you can also see the three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha inside the monastery. Besides, the sight in the Sera monastery is splendid because you can see roses around. That's why people also call it "the court of wild rose."
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning your guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and first take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by 33rd King - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it is a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Head from Lhasa to Samye along the famous Yarlung Tsang River, we will visit Trandruk Monastery is one of the earliest Buddhist monasteries in Tibet, having been founded at the same time as the Jokhang Monastery and Ramoche Monastery in Lhasa. It’s around 7km south of Tsetang Hotel. Trandruk Monastery dating back to the 7th-century reign of Songtsen Gampo, Trandruk Monastery is also one of Tibet’s demoness-subduing temples. In order to build Trandruk Monastery here, Songtsen Gampo had first to take the form of a hawk in order to overcome a local dragon, a miracle that is commemorated in the monastery’s name.
Then we will go to visit Samye Monastery is deservedly the most popular destination for travellers in Tsetang. This monastery is surrounded by barren mountains and dramatic sand dunes and a beautiful river crossing the monastery. As Tibet’s first monastery and the place where Buddhism was established, Samye Monastery is also of major historical and religious importance.
We continue to visit Yumbulagang Palace, as it’s considered the oldest building in Tibet, which is a remarkably impressive sight, with a lovely setting.
Stay overnight in Tsetang
The Chökorgye Monastery is located in the City of Tsetang County and also the nearest accommodation to Lhamo Latso where only guesthouse with basic dorm room are available.
Stay overnight in guesthouse with basic dorm rooms in Chökorgye.
- Chökorgye Monastery
The Lhamo Latso Lake is the most legendary lake in Tibet, which means goddess's soul lake in Tibetan. It is said that one can see his past and present life on the lake surface, at about 5000 meters above sea level. Looking down from the top of the mountain, the Lake looks like a gourd. Although Lhamo Latso Lake is not big, it has a special status in the reincarnation system of Tibetan Buddhism. In autumn and spring, the lake will freeze for about 7 months. In summer, the lake sometimes shows her peaceful appearance, sometimes rises waves without any breeze. But the road condition from Chökorgye to Lhamo Latso is bumpy, total 350km for a round trip. It takes around 7-8 hours by driving.
Stay overnight in a guesthouse with basic dorm rooms in Chökorgye.
To see family life is one of the most interesting things during your stay in Tibet, the local Tibetan people will welcome you to their houses, greet you in their traditional way and entertain you with their typical food and tea. Through this way, you will experience the real Tibetan culture, explore the Tibet civilization and discover the beautiful landscape of Tibet with your families or friends.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Free use of sleeping bag;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While Gratuities for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
My TIBET experience with Great Tibet Tour was very brilliant. It was the 2nd-time visit to TIBET but Shigatse and Gyantse. The hotel you chose me at Shigatse had very Lovely Tibetan decoration. and Guides ( both 2 guys) were very kind and gentle. So I could relax. ....Read more testimonials...