Lhasa Shigatse Everest Base Camp Sakya Tour
- 7 Days
- From USD1347
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|2||Lhasa Sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|3||Lhasa-Shigatse(3840m)- Lhatse(4050m), 420km, Approx. 8hrs||Tashilhunpo Monastery|
|4||Lhatse-Tingri -Rongbuk – Tent Camp (5100m), 190km, Approx. 5hrs||sunset of golden Everest peak, Rongbuk Monastery|
|5||EBC-Sakya(4316m)-Shigatse, 350km, Approx. 7hrs||Sunrise of Everest Peak, Everest Base Camp, Sakya Monastery|
|6||Shigatse – Lhasa, 280km, Approx. 7hrs||Tibetan Family Visit|
|7||Lhasa departure||Send off to the airport/railway station|
This is the first day in Tibet. Your guide will greet you at Lhasa Gonggar Airport/Railway Station and transfer you to your hotel. It usually takes around 1.5 hours to drive from Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa and takes about 20mins from Lhasa Railway Station. Tourists could have a look at the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the largest and longest river in Tibet on their way to the hotel. After check-in, you can have a good rest first. And if you feel like going out, you can wander around the city. But just remember that don't take too much stuff, try to go with a light pack. Meanwhile, drink some more water, do not move strenuously. It’s really useful to get acclimatized to the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
After resting one night, today you will recover sufficiently to launch your Lhasa city tour, with close contact with Lhasa, which is the political, economic, cultural, communication and tourism center of Tibet with a history of over 1300 years.
At first, you will go to the Potala Palace, which is the symbolic place of Lhasa and also the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It was built by the 33rd great king of Tibet - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century. The gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and the meditation Cave of the 33rd great king are the most worth seeing in Potala Palace.
After lunch, you are going to Jokhang Temple, which was founded at the same time and by the same king as Potala Palace. From the outside, you can see many pilgrims prostrating in front of the temple. The most precious treasure of this temple is the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of 12.
Barkhor street is the next destination that women love a lot. Because it’s a famous busy walking street where they can go shopping. There are many distinctive shops and stalls that sell different Tibetan stuff, like handicrafts, Thangka, and so on. Except for shopping, tourists can also join the Kora with pilgrims and locals, to explore Tibetan religious culture more deeply.
You can go to visit the Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center if time is enough. You can also watch the Tibetan Culture Show in the evening for USD60 per person at your own expense.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today you will leave Lhasa and head to Lhatse via Shigatse. After breakfast, there will be a long time driving along the road due to the strict speed limited regulation. You can take some photos on the road.
When you arrive at Shigatse, you will visit the famous Tashilunpo Monastery, the home of Panchen Lama. It's the largest monastery in Shigatse and one of the four Gelug monasteries in Tibet. Then you will go to Lhatse county.
Stay overnight in Lhatse
After one night rest, you are going to the world-known Everest Base Camp today. You will pass old Tingri first. Then you will arrive at Rongbuk Monastery (5154m), which is the highest monastery in the world. You can get a great view of Mt. Everest from there. And if the weather is good, the amazing sunset of golden Everest peak will get you intoxicated.
Stay overnight in Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed) or Rongbuk guesthouse
Then we can drive you to EBC from the tent camp, it remains only 4km. You can have a good look at Mt. Everest from EBC and take clear photos of it. The great sunrise of Everest Peak is far out of your imagination. Please get up early to enjoy the peaceful and wonderful morning you’ve never had.
After that, you will go back to Shigatse via Sakya County.There are many different Tibetan Buddhism monasteries in Sakya County, the most famous one is Sakya Monastery, the main monastery of Sakyapa. It was built in Tubo Dynasty, the wall is colorful with red, white and cyan paint. That’s why Sakyapa is also called Colorful Buddhism.
After 3 hours driving, you will arrive at Shigatse and spend one night there.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
We will start to go back to Lhasa today. It takes 6-7hours to get to Lhasa from Shigatse with the speed limited regulation. But the view is good along the road, so, get your camera ready. And it's better to prepare some snacks to bring along.
When you arrive Lhasa in the late afternoon, you can visit local Tibetan families to enjoy the happy time with these hospitable people.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Tour Price and Service
From US$1347 p/p
Based on 3-star hotels for 2 people in low seasons. Price varies according to travel season, number of people and level of accommodation.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- Breakfasts provided by hotels;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Sleeping bags;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
Customers told me that the organization of the tour were excellent. Their Tibetan guide/driver, Tsewang, was the best they could get --- kind, professional, safe driver, open-minded. Thanks. ....Read more testimonials...