Lhasa Nyingtri Tsetang Tour
- 9 Days
- From USD1920
- Lhasa - Nyingtri - Tsetang - Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
Nyingtri is very different from the rest of Tibet. Its geography, climate, and natural environment — combined with centuries of isolation — have created an atmosphere of magic and mystery. Also you will visit Tsetang, the 4th largest city in Tibet and the capital of huge Shannan(Lhoka) prefecture. This circuit tour presents you with a combination of natural scenery and cultural heritages.
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|2||Lhasa City||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|3||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka|
|4||Lhasa - Draksumtso - Nyingchi||Draksum-tso Lake|
|5||Nyingchi - Lulang - Tashigang||Lulang Forest, Tashigang Village|
|6||Tashigang - Nyingchi - Tsetang||Niyang River|
|7||Tsetang - Trandruk - Yumbulagang - Chongye - Tsetang||Trandruk Monastery, Yumbulagang Palace, Chongye Burial Mounds|
|8||Tsetang - Samye - Tsetang||Samye Monastery|
|9||Tsetang - Lhasa Airport||Send off to the airport/train station|
This is the first day in Tibet. Your guide will greet you at Lhasa Gonggar Airport/Railway Station and transfer you to your hotel. It usually takes around 1.5hrs to drive from Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa and takes about 20mins from Lhasa Railway Station. Tourists could have a look at the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the largest and longest river in Tibet on their way to the hotel. After check-in, you can have a good rest first. And if you feel like going out, you can wander around the city. But just remember that don't take too much stuff, try to go with a light pack. Meanwhile, drink some more water, and do not move strenuously. It’s really useful to get acclimatized to the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning our guide will meet you at the hotel and first take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by the 33rd King - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it's a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang Temple is the most sacred temple in Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street - one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it‘s also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning, we will go to visit Norbulingka. Norbulingka is a typical Tibetan-style royal garden, the summer resort of the Dalai Lama. There are a lot of towering trees, exotic flowers and plants in the Garden, as well as many collections of cultural relics, Buddha statues, pagodas, thangkas, murals, etc. They are all very precious treasures.
In the afternoon, you are heading to Drepung Monastery, which means Monastery of Rice Heap in the Tibetan language. The entire monastery is large in scale and the white buildings cluster and cover the hillsides. Drepung monastery is the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery, also the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today we will depart from Lhasa via the G318 national highway, then enter the Lhasa-Nyingchi Expressway and proceed along a canyon. We will visit the national forest park, 5A scenic spot Draksumtso Lake, which means "green water" in Tibetan. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, and there are Tibetan-style temples on the islands in the lake. It is a famous sacred lake and holy place of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism.
After visiting Draksumtso, continue to Bayi Town (Nyingchi), at an altitude of only 2500 meters. You can enjoy the Southern Niyang River Valley along the way.
Lulang means “Loong King Valley” in the Tibetan language, or “a place that will make you forget your home”. It is located about 80km from Nyingchi.
In the afternoon, we will drive 2km from Lulang to Tashigang Village, which a gorgeous tiny rural village at the foot of Lulang forest. Here the cattle and sheep graze freely and walk by you calmly. Some people say that this is probably China's Switzerland!
After breakfast, we will start from Tashigang village to Tsedang, known as the "Birthplace of Tibetan Culture", All the way, the beautiful scenery on both sides of the Niyang River is accompanied. The distance is 533 kilometers and the estimated travel time is 8 hours or so.
Visit the major sights of Yarlung Valley in Tsetang today, which is considered the cradle of Tibetan civilization. We will go to Trandruk Monastery in the early morning. It's also one of the earliest Monasteries in Tibet. The Pearl Thangka is the highlight of this visit. Then we will head to Yumbulagang Palace, which was the first palace in Tibetan history. The scale of the temple is small, but it's very spectacular as it's towering over the hill and condescending on the top.
It was from the Yarlung River Valley that the early Tibetan kings unified Tibet in the 7th century and their massive burial mounds still dominate the area around Chongye.
Tsetang is the fourth-largest city in Tibet and the capital of the huge Shannan (Lhoka) prefecture. Samye Monastery is designed according to the mandala of Tantra. It was built around the middle of the 8th century AD, during the Songtsan Gampo period, also the most magnificent building in the Tubo Kingdom. Samye Monastery is the first monastery in the history of Tibetan Buddhism with Triratna "Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha" .
Transfer to Lhasa Airport from Tsetang for your next destination, which is almost the same mileage from Lhasa.
Tour Price and Service
From US$1920 p/p
Based on 3-star hotels for 2 people in low seasons. Price varies according to travel season, number of people and level of accommodation.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- Breakfasts provided by hotels;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.4%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
Secondly, she always presented herself as an extremely smart, fast and reliable person. I gradually felt like communicating with a long-lost friend who understood me so well, and was able to accommodate my needs in great detail. Not only answered my questions promptly, but she was also able to give ....Read more testimonials...