Panda & Leshan Giant Buddha Group Tour
- 1 Day
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Chengdu - Panda Base - Leshan - Chengdu||Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Leshan Giant Buddha|
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Chengdu (inside 2nd Ring Road) at 7:00 am ~ 8：00 am. At 8:30 am, we will drive to visit the Panda Research Base in the northern suburb of Chengdu this morning. Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987. It started with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. Through 2007, it has had 110 panda births, and its panda population has grown to 62. It is a huge, beautifully landscaped park.
Our pandas' tour will end at 11:00 am. Then we go on driving to Leshan.
We will have lunch after arriving in Leshan at 1:00 pm. You'd better bring some dry food with you in case you feel hungry on the way to Leshan.
After lunch, we will continue to visit the famous Leshan Giant Buddha which is a statue of Maitreya (a Bodhisattva usually represented as a very stout monk with a broad smile on his face and with his naked breast and paunch exposed to view) in sitting posture. It is 71 meters (about 233 feet) high and has 8.3-meter-long (about 27 feet) fingers. The 9-meter-wide (about 30 feet) instep is big enough for one hundred people to sit on and the 24-meter-wide (about 79 feet) shoulder is large enough to be a basketball playground. (Optional: ferry boat ride at Leshan Giant Buddha, about 10 USD/person or 70 RMB/person).
We’ll drive back to Chengdu at about 4:30 pm and this one day tour ends at Tianfu Square at 6: 30 pm, the center of Chengdu city. Please go back to your hotel by yourself.
* Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
* Free pick up from the hotel (inside 3nd Ring Road)；
* Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide；
* Attractions: all entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary；
* Government Tax;
* Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
* Travel Insurance；
* International flight to and out of China;
* Domestic flight/train to and out of Chengdu; (We’d like to book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
* Lunch(8USD/person, optional);
* Transfer from Tian Fu squire to your hotel;
* While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
* All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 7%);
* Personal expenses;
* Buddha sightseeing Boat ticket (12 USD/person, optional);
* Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
I just returned to Beijing yesterday and I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful trip to Tibet. Your company arranged everything very well, and Lobsang was an excellent tour guide, I was deeply impressed by how hard-working and dedicated he was, especially when he helped arrange my nucleic a ....Read more testimonials...
Typically Asked Questions from Our Clients
Asked by Dan ***
Hi, I'm a single person, trying to keep costs down...I'd like to stay in my own hotel in downtown Chengdu, and be able to be guided to the pandas and Leshan buddha on the 12th....can you tell me the cost? Thanks
Yes, we can arrange this 1 day Panda & Leshan Giant Buddha Group Tour on September 12th for you.
Asked by Isab***
We are looking to do this tour on Monday 24 September - would you be able to accomadate this?
Yes, we are able to accommodate this tour, but please kindly let me know how many days you like to travel in Tibet, then I could give you a completed itinerary with quotation accordingly.