Deep Guilin Tibet Tour
- 8 Days
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||From Guilin to Longji||From Guilin to Longji|
|2||From Longji to Guilin||Reed Flute Cave|
|3||From Guilin to Yangshuo||Li River|
|4||From Yangshuo to Guilin||Yangshuo|
|5||From Guilin to Chengdu, then to Lhasa||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|6||Lhasa City||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|7||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery|
|8||Lhasa departure||Send off to the airport/railway station|
Your tour guide will meet and pick you up as soon as you arrive in Guilin. Then you will get to Longji Rice Terraces(Ping An Village) after 2.5 - hour drive. Longji Rice Terraces is intricately cascading rice paddy terraces, originating in the 13th century. The altitude of the terrace varies from 300 meters to 1100 meters. It is a masterpiece of local farmers' wisdom in history. Here, the terraced field scenery and the hilly scenery merge into one. You will have a chance to take beautiful photography. There are two minority groups that live here. The first is the Zhuang nationality and the second is Yao nationality. After visiting the terraces, you will have a brief understanding of the traditional cultures and customs of the two minority groups. Today, you will stay the guesthouse of Ping An Village.
Stay overnight in Longji
- Longji Rice Terraces
In the morning, you can stand by the rice terrace and breathe the fresh air. Then you will meet the minority nationality - Zhuang people in an old village. In the afternoon, you will be driven to Guilin. Here, you can visit the Reed Flute Cave. Then you are free to go for a walk in the rural areas.
Stay overnight in Guilin
- Reed Flute Cave
After breakfast, you will get to Zhujiang Pier. There is a famous river called Li River. Travelers will cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo and have lunch on the boat. The scenery is very beautiful and the water is very clean. As soon as you arrive at Yangshuo - a small town, you will head to your hotel and check-in. The day is free for you. Some travelers will stay at the hotel for a rest, while some will buy some souvenirs on the West Street.
Stay overnight in Yangshuo
- Li River
In the morning, you will still visit Yangshuo by another way - cycling. The bike will be rented by your tour guide. You can travel to the rural areas of Yangshuo because the views in Yangshuo are very attractive. Next, you will have a tour on Yulong River by a special boat - bamboo raft. Your tour guide will arrange a local food for your lunch. In the afternoon, you will be driven back to Guilin.
Stay overnight in Guilin
In the morning, your tour guide will send you to the airport. You will have a stopover in Chengdu, then fly to Lhasa. You can enjoy the landscape from the window of the planes. As soon as you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will meet you at the airport. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day's well-rest is crucial to acclimatize the high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to take a shower if you can help it.
In the morning your guide will meet you at the hotel and take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by 33rd King Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it is a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the old Lhasa city. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It's the world's largest monastery that housed for more than 10,000 monks. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa's disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive thing of Sera Monastery is the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Free use of sleeping bag;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
My TIBET experience with Great Tibet Tour was very brilliant. It was the 2nd-time visit to TIBET but Shigatse and Gyantse. The hotel you chose me at Shigatse had very Lovely Tibetan decoration. and Guides ( both 2 guys) were very kind and gentle. So I could relax. ....Read more testimonials...