Guilin Tibet Tour
- 6 Days
- Guilin - Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Guilin Arrival||Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill|
|2||From Li River to Yangshuo||Yangshuo|
|3||From Guilin to Chengdu, then to Lhasa||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|4||Lhasa City||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|5||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery|
|6||Lhasa departure||Send off to the airport/railway station|
When you arrive in Guilin, you will meet with your tour guide. Then you will be driven to your hotel to take a break. In the afternoon, you will go to the first destination - Reed Flute Cave. After visiting the cave, you will arrive at Fubo Hill(Wave-Subduing Hill). Standing on the peak of the hill, you will be astonished by the beauty of the city. Finally, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Stay overnight in Guilin
- Reed Flute Cave
- Fubo Hill
Today you will have a cruise tour from Guilin to Yangshuo via Li River. The whole waterway is 83km. It takes nearly four hours to finish the whole cruise, during which you can see the green karst mountains mirroring in the Li River, local farmers working in the fields, and traditional villages dotted at the base of the hills. When you arrive in Yangshuo, you will have lunch before starting another trip - bamboo rafting. Bamboo rafting on the Li River gives visitors a closer encounter with Li River's landscape. Yangshuo is certainly a paradise of hills and rivers. You also can enjoy the special hills and clean rivers by hiking along Li River. In the late afternoon, you will be driven back to Guilin.
Stay overnight in Guilin
- Li River
In the morning, your tour guide will send you to the airport. You will have a stopover in Chengdu, then fly to Lhasa. You can enjoy the landscape from the window of the planes. As soon as you arrive in Lhasa, your tour guide will meet you at the airport. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day's well-rest is crucial to acclimatize the high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to take a shower if you can help it.
In the morning your guide will meet you at the hotel and take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by 33rd King Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it is a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the old Lhasa city. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It's the world's largest monastery that housed for more than 10,000 monks. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa's disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive thing of Sera Monastery is the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Free use of sleeping bag;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
My TIBET experience with Great Tibet Tour was very brilliant. It was the 2nd-time visit to TIBET but Shigatse and Gyantse. The hotel you chose me at Shigatse had very Lovely Tibetan decoration. and Guides ( both 2 guys) were very kind and gentle. So I could relax. ....Read more testimonials...