Panda & Leshan Giant Buddha & Mt.Emei Group Tour
- 2 Days
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Chengdu - Panda Base - Leshan - Emei||Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Leshan Giant Buddha|
|2||Emei - Chengdu||Mt. Emei|
We’ll pick you up at your hotel in Chengdu (inside 2nd Ring Road) at about 7:00 am and then drive to visit the Panda Research Base in the northern suburb of Chengdu this morning. The Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987. It started with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. Through 2007, it has had 110 panda births, and its panda population has grown to 62. It is a huge, beautifully landscaped park.
After lunch (about 13:00 pm), drive to Leshan city to see the famous Giant Buddha which is a statue of Maitreya (a Bodhisattva usually represented as a very stout monk with a broad smile on his face and with his naked breast and paunch exposed to view) in sitting posture. It is 71 meters (about 233 feet) high and has 8.3-meter-long (about 27 feet) fingers. The 9-meter-wide (about 30 feet) instep is big enough for one hundred people to sit on and the 24-meter-wide (about 79 feet) shoulder is large enough to be a basketball playground. (Optional: ferry boat ride at Leshan Giant Buddha, about USD 10/person).
We’ll continue to go to the foot of Mt. Emei around 18:00 pm.
Today, you will spend the whole day exploring Mount Emei. In the early morning at 7:00 am, take the shuttle bus in the Scenic Spot to Leidongpin, then hike to Jieyin Palace to take the cable car up to Golden Summit which is the mountain's main peak at 3,077 meters above sea level, seems to almost touching the sky. At Golden Summit, the highest peak of the mountain, you will be amazed by the awe-inspiring view of the Huazhang Temple and enjoy the magnificent view of the clouds, mountains, and forests. Then take the sightseeing bus down to Wannian Temple, you’ll experience the beautiful scenery by walking from Wannian Temple, Qingyin Pavilion and Moneky Zone to WuxianGang.
At About 17:00 pm, go down the mountain by the eco bus and then drive back to Chengdu in 1.5 hours. We will send you back to your hotel in Chengdu.
* Comfortable tour vehicle transfer for the whole tour
* 1 Night, twin room en suite in 4★ at the foot of Mt. Emei
* 1 Chinese style breakfast provided by the hotel
* All entrance fees for tourist sites mentioned in the itinerary
* Sightseeing Shuttle bus inside Mt. Emei
* English-Mandarin bilingual speaking tour guide
* High-speed bullet train from Emei to Chengdu (second-class seat)
* Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them USD 5/day in total at the end of tour
* Lunches & Dinners
* Round-way cable car to & from Golden Submit, USD 20/person
* Anything not listed in INCLUSIONS
* Ferry boat ride at Leshan Giant Buddha, USD 10/person
* This tour starts every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
* Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, a single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin rooms, the single supplement will be refunded
* 20 Persons per group maximum (A minimum of 2 persons, otherwise we are entitled to cancel the tour)
I just returned to Beijing yesterday and I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful trip to Tibet. Your company arranged everything very well, and Lobsang was an excellent tour guide, I was deeply impressed by how hard-working and dedicated he was, especially when he helped arrange my nucleic a ....Read more testimonials...
Typically Asked Questions from Our Clients
Asked by Ajal***
How much is the price and how much is the extra charge if staying alone in the hotel? I live near the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC), is it possible to pick-up, if not please suggest the other place that I can visit the guide.
In your inquiry, you mentioned that you would like to join our 2-day Panda & Leshan Giant Buddha & Mt. Emei Bullet Train Group Tour on 27th. May.
But I am sorry that we don’t have group tours for foreigners. I am afraid you could only have a private tour, of which the cost will not be cheap.
We will come to pick you up since it’s private tour for you.