Xi'an Lhasa Essential Tour
- 7 Days
- Xi'an - Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
On this 7-day trip, you will explore China’s ancient capital - Xi’an, and Tibet’s sacred center - Lhasa. Xi’an once was the capital of 13 dynasties in ancient China where you can find the trace of the most glorious history of ancient Chinese civilization. The attractions may bring you back to the flourished Tang Dynasty and the mysterious Qin Dynasty. After two days of sightseeing in Xi’an, you will fly to Lhasa to enjoy a spiritual journey. In Lhasa, you will visit the Jokhang Temple, Potala Palace, and other landmarks that contain rich religious culture and history.
|Attractions & Activities
|Arrive in Xi’an
|Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda
|Shanxi History Museum, Ancient City Wall, Muslim Quarter
|Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)
|Pick up and transfer to the hotel
|Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
|Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
|Departure from Lhasa
|Send off to the airport/railway station
Once you arrive in Xi'an, our guide will meet you at the airport or railway station. They will drive you to your reserved hotel in Xi’an. Then you will have a rest in the hotel.
Stay overnight in Xi'an
In the morning, we will drive to the Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses which is considered as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Here you can see the life-sized warrior figures and horses with distinct facial expressions and positions. You may be surprised by the various kinds of ancient weapons that reflect the highly advanced technology in weapon-making 2,200 years ago. It is a great chance for you to experience the profound and amazing history of the Qin Dynasty, the first United Dynasty in ancient China. It may give you an impressive image of the Period of the Warring States in ancient China.
After that, we are going to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda built in the Tang Dynasty, the most prosperous dynasty in ancient China. The Buddhist scriptures and figurines of the Buddha brought by Xuanzang from ancient India are well preserved in the Big Wild Goose Pagoda.
Stay overnight in Xi'an
Shaanxi History Museum, one of the best museums in China, is the best place to catch a glimpse of the glory of ancient Chinese civilization. It possesses large quantities of precious exhibits that can date from the Paleolithic era to the Qing Dynasty, such as Bronze, Queen Jade Seal, Paintings, etc.
In the afternoon you can cycle on the top of Ancient City Wall. The wall is about 14 kilometers at the perimeter, with 98 defensive ramparts, four main gates, and a moat around it. The city wall is a wonderful example of an ancient defensive building. You can walk or cycle on the wall to get some good views of the city.
Later, we are going to the Muslim Quarter, the most famous gourmet street and largest Muslim business street in Xi’an where you can chat with street vendors of Muslims and buy some exquisite handicrafts and enjoy delicious local snacks.
Stay overnight in Xi’an
This is the first day in Tibet. Your guide will greet you at Lhasa Gonggar Airport/Railway Station and transfer you to your hotel. It usually takes around 1 hour to drive from Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa and takes about 20 minutes from Lhasa Railway Station. Tourists could have a look at the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the largest and longest river in Tibet on their way to the hotel. After check-in, you can have a good rest first. And if you feel like going out, you can wander around the city. But just remember that don't take too much stuff, try to go with a light pack. Meanwhile, drink some more water, and do not move strenuously. It’s really useful to get acclimatized to the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning your guide will meet you at the hotel and take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by the 33rd King Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it is a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the old Lhasa city. Jokhang Temple is the most sacred temple in Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It's the world's largest monastery that housed more than 10,000 monks in the past. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery, the most beautiful Tibetan monastery in Lhasa. The Buddhist scripture debating is the highlight of Sera Monastery.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Your tour ends today. Our guide and driver will collect you from your hotel to transfer to Lhasa Airport/Railway Station for your next destination.
Tour Price and Service
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- Breakfasts provided by hotels;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.4%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
Now that our tour is over, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for all your help in organizing this great experience! We would like to point out that we really liked the driver who picked us up from the train station on our first day! Of course we only interacted with him shortly b ....Read more testimonials...