Lhasa & Namtso Lake Group Tour
- 6 Days
- From USD770
- Lhasa - Lake Namtso – Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
- Group Size:
- Max 12
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities||Accommodation||Meals|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel.||Lhasa, 3★/4★|
|2||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B,D|
|3||Lhasa Sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street||Lhasa, 3★/4★||B|
|4||Lhasa- Namtso(4718m)- Damxung, 230km, approx. 5hrs||Nyenchen Tanglha Mountain Ranges, Holy Namtso Lake||Damxung, Guesthouse||B|
|5||Damxung - Lhasa, 163km, approx. 3hrs||Norbulingka||Lhasa, 3★/4★|
|6||Depart from Lhasa||Send off to the airport/railway station||B|
Taking a flight into Tibet will give you a panorama of the snowy Himalaya Mountains or 1-2 days of train riding over the high plateau by crossing Tanggula Mountains with beautiful sceneries along the way. Once you arrive, our local Tibetan tour guide and driver will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway with a traditional Tibetan white scarf to wish you good luck! And then transfer you to the hotel. The rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day's well-rest is crucial to acclimatize the high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to have a shower if you can help it.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It was the world's largest monastery that housed more than 10,000 monks. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa's disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive thing about Sera Monastery is the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 - 17:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
- Welcome Dinner
Today, you will visit the most famous Potala Palace, which is the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. Potala Palace was the winter palace of successive Dalai lamas. It was built by the 33rd great king of Tibet - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th Century. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
At noon, the tour guide will bring you to a good restaurant to have lunch and have a rest. In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street - one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it‘s also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
In the morning, we drive to the holy Namtso Lake. On the way to Namtso, you will have a far view of Nyenchen Tanglha Mountains. Enjoy the view of the vast grassland and spectacular natural scenery.
You'll arrive at Namtso Lake after passing NagelaPass(5150m), it covers a total area of more than 1900 square kilometers, being the second largest salt lake in China. At an elevation of 4718 meters, it is also the highest altitude salt lake in the world, the furthest depth being more than 33m. Besides, you can enjoy the view of the Sky-Road railway with snowy mountains background; while standing at the famous Nagela Pass, you can see the stunning view of holy Namtso Lake. In the afternoon, you will do a leisure trek around Tashi Island. If the weather is good, you will have a chance to enjoy the marvelous sunset view of the lake. Then we will drive to Dangxiong for and accommodation. Starting from 2019, all the guesthouses at the lakeside will be removed due to environmental protection.
Stay overnight in Damxung, Guesthouse
- Namtso Lake
- Nyenchen Tangula Mountain
In the morning, we will drive you back to Lhasa. We will pass by Yampachen. Yampachen lies just south of the Nyainqêntanglha Mountains, famous for Yampachen Hot Springs, at an altitude of 4290–4500m making it the highest altitude set of hot springs in China. You can enjoy the natural outdoor hot spring bath there, but this is optional, and the cost is not included in the tour cost. The suggested bath time is 40mins.
We will get back to Lhasa to have lunch then head to Norbulingka. Norbulingka is the summer residence of the successive Dalai Lamas. You will find lush trees in this royal garden, which is rare to see anywhere else in Tibet. It's also a delicate museum of Tibetan arts and culture.
Stay overnight in Lhasa, 3★/4★
Today your guide and driver will escort you to the airport or railway station for your next destination. Before your departure, we will appreciate if you can spend a few minutes to evaluate our services either by filling the feedback form or simply send us an email when you get back home. Your whole trip is officially ended.
* Lodgings: 4 Nights, twin room en suite in 3★/4★, 1 Night, dorm bed at GUESTHOUSE;
* Meal: 4 Breakfasts & 1 Welcome Dinner
* Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
* Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on first & last day;
* Pick-up from Lhasa Gonggar Airport to your hotel at 9:30 am and 4:00 pm on the first day;
* Drop-off from your hotel to Lhasa Gonggar Airport at 6:00 am and 12:30 pm on the last day;
* Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide
* Attractions: all entrance fee mentioned in the itinerary
* Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB);
* Travel Agency Liability insurance;
* Government Tax;
* Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express)
* Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
* Oxygen tank for emergency use;
* Two bottles of mineral water per person per day;
* International flight to and out of China;
* Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
* If you miss the free transfer schedule due to flight delay or cancelation, then you are required to pay a private transfer from USD 80/vehicle/time.
* Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
* While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. You are suggested to tip each of them 5-10 USD/day in total;
* All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
* Personal expenses;
* Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
* Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) usually takes about 12-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra handling fee will be charged. Please consult your travel consultant for details;
* We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa;
* If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels;
* We need to pick up and drop off all members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver;
* Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight/train, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in a change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travelers; if any attraction visits have to be canceled due to the same reasons above, GTT won't be held responsible for a refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by GTT.
* Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, the single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin room, the single supplement will be refunded.
* All members of the same group must be with the same tour guide during the whole trip. So all members must follow the same itinerary and visit the same attractions. If anyone requests to change the scheduled arrangement for own reasons, you need to get permission from other members and accept the possible payment change if any.
Nationality: Denmark We had an fantastic experience. Our guide Tashi was very kind, well informed and gave us very good knowledge and understanding. We really appreciated the tour! Thanks so much for helping us plan it! Best Kim ....Read more testimonials...