Lhasa Kathmandu Flight Tour
- 6 Days
- From USD848
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|2||Lhasa City||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|3||Lhasa Suburb||Norbulingka, Drepung Monastery|
|4||Flight: Lhasa-Kathmandu||Kathmandu Durbar Square|
|5||Kathmandu sightseeing||Swyambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple|
|6||Departure from Kathmandu||Send off to the airport|
This is the first day in Tibet. Your guide will greet you at Lhasa Gonggar Airport/Railway Station and transfer you to your hotel. It usually takes around 1.5 hours to drive from Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa and takes about 20mins from Lhasa Railway Station. Tourists could have a look at the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the largest and longest river in Tibet on their way to the hotel. After check-in, you can have a good rest first. And if you feel like going out, you can wander around the city. But just remember that don't take too much stuff, try to go with a light pack. Meanwhile, drink some more water, do not move strenuously. It’s really useful to get acclimatized to the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning our guide will meet you at the hotel and first take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by the 33rd King - Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it's a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the Lhasa old town. Jokhang Temple is the most sacred temple in Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street - one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it‘s also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning, we will go to visit Norbulingka. Norbulingka is a typical Tibetan-style royal garden, the summer resort of the Dalai Lama. There are a lot of towering trees, exotic flowers and plants in the Garden, as well as many collections of cultural relics, Buddha statues, pagodas, thangkas, murals, etc. They are all very precious treasures.
In the afternoon, you are heading to Drepung Monastery, which means Monastery of Rice Heap in the Tibetan language. The entire monastery is large in scale and the white buildings cluster and covers the hillsides. Drepung monastery is the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery, also the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and send you off to Gonggar Airport. After your arrival in Kathmandu, the local guide and driver will greet you at Tribhuvan International Airport. If it's early, you can wander around Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Today you will start to explore Kathmandu with our experienced Nepali guide.
Firstly, you will go to Swyambhunath Temple to see the stupa there. Swyambhunath was built 2000 years ago, even older than Kathmandu city! It’s one of the World Cultural Heritages in Nepal. And it’s also called “Monkey Temple” as there are hundreds of wild monkeys live around it. The Swyambhunath Stupa is the second largest stupa in Nepal. The Buddha's eyes were painted on the four sides of the stupa, means Buddha is watching you. The paint makes it so sacred that many pilgrims come to worship.
Then you will go to see the largest stupa in Nepal, as well as in the world. Boudhanath Stupa is located in the eastern of Kathmandu. 90% of Nepalese are Hindu devotees. you can see Lord Shiva everywhere. But here, Boudhanath is a holy place of Tibetan Buddhism as it’s located in the main trading pass between Nepal and Tibet. So, every morning, there are many Tibetan Buddhist doing kora here, which is really an impressive scene.
In the end, we are heading to Pashupatinath Temple, the largest Hindu temple in Nepal. The god of destruction—Shiva is enshrined in it. “Pashu” means “all living creatures”, “Patinath” means “the lord”. This temple is also known as “corpse cremation temple” because it’s the place where Hindu devotees cremate the dead bodies in public.
Stay overnight in Kathmandu
Guide and driver will pick you up at you hotel according to your flight schedule to transfer you to Kathmandu Airport for your flight home.
Tour Price and Service
From US$848 p/p
Based on 3-star hotels for 2 people in low seasons. Price varies according to travel season, number of people and level of accommodation.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- Breakfasts provided by hotels;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
I just returned to Beijing yesterday and I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful trip to Tibet. Your company arranged everything very well, and Lobsang was an excellent tour guide, I was deeply impressed by how hard-working and dedicated he was, especially when he helped arrange my nucleic a ....Read more testimonials...
Typically Asked Questions from Our Clients
Asked by Debb***
I am visiting my brother in China for 2 weeks then I will fly into Chengdu. I want to visit Lhasa temples, monasteries and cultural things.I would like to travel overland to Kathmandu from Lhasa stopping along the way. I would also like to see sites in Kathmandu.
In your inquiry, you mentioned you would like to have the Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Tour. May I know when would you like to have this tour?
As a solo traveler, I suggest you join our 7 Days Lhasa Mt. Everest Kathmandu Overland Group Tour then have a Nepal Private tour.
Asked by Carl***
Party of 4 (2couples) Want Xi’an - Lhasa by train and the 6 Days Lhasa Kathmandu Flight tour. Estimated date of travel early May 2020.
In your inquiry, you mentioned you would like to take a train from Xi'an to Lhasa and have 6 Days Lhasa Kathmandu Flight Tour in May 2020. We can help you book the train ticket and arrange the tour for you on that date.
Asked by Pedr***
Nepal and Tibet and Bhutan, in 2 weeks or a little more. Departing in 2nd week of March 2019. I don’t have a VISAS yet. Is it possible and how much does it cost? Kind regards, Pedro
Due to Tibet's unique background, apart from a Passport and a Chinese Visa, all foreign tourists allowed to enter Tibet must have Tibet Travel Permits. However, Tibet Travel Permit will not be issued for all tours from February to March because of Tibet New Year. So you can travel to Tibet on April 1st.
According to your request, how about having our 7 days Bhutan Kathmandu private tour plus 4 days Lhasa group tour on March 25th?
What do you think of this tour? : )
I will send you the quotation after you confirm the arrangement. Before that, please let me know more about your tour plan.
1. What kind of accommodation would you like to get? The comfortable (4-star), or the economy class (3-star) hotel?
Asked by Brun***
Hello, I would like to arrange a tour to Nepal and Tibet for 1 person (tour packages) from around the 12 of February until the 22nd of February, No need to arrange flights. Thank you (leaving and arriving from Katmandu).
Since you are going to arrive in and leave from Kathmandu, you may stay 4 days in Nepal first then to Tibet. We have a Lhasa City Essential group tour with departure date on Feb 16, 2018. You will get to Potala Palace, Jokhang template as well as other must-sees in Lhasa city. It's a good choice for you if you have a busy schedule. What do you think?
Asked by Vera***
Visa needs to be processed in 1 day before departure. Please inform me about the total price of the 6 day lhasa kathmandu flight tour
Read More ...