Lanzhou Tibet Train Tour
- 7 Days
- Lanzhou - Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
This Lanzhou Tibet Train Tour will take you to visit the two beautiful cities of China - Lanzhou and Tibet. During the three days in Lanzhou, you are able to visit Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park at Zhangye, Giant Buddha Temple, and Wooden Pagoda Temple. During your Lhasa trip, you can explore the world heritages such as the Potala Palace, and Jokhang Temple, and so on.
Daily ItineraryCollapse Expand
Today you are going to visit the Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park. In the morning, our guide will send you to Lanzhou Railway Station to catch a high-speed train to Zhangye and our local guide will pick you up at the train station. Then heading to the to Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park, a representative of colored Danxia landform in China. This place is considered as the Rainbow Mountains because mountains there are composed of several rock strips which display different colors under the sunlight. The rocks here were formed into different size and shapes, due to water erosion. The hills in shapes of gorges, towers, waterfalls, pillars, and palaces will give an amazing natural view. If weather permits, you can appreciate the magnificent sunset scenery of Danxia landform. Afterward, we will drive you to the hotel in Zhangye.
Stay overnight in Zhangye.
- Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park
Today, you will explore the Giant Buddha Temple and Wooden Pagoda Temple. The Giant Buddha Temple, renowned for the largest indoor reclining Buddha in China, is a landmark of Zhangye. It is said that this giant Buddha statue is made in the image of Sakyamuni. Besides, there are a large number of scriptures and ancient books displaying in the temple. Inside the temple, you may see the earth tower and a typical folk residence with traditionally carved beams and painted pillars. After visiting the Giant Buddha Temple, you will be taken to the Wooden Pagoda Temple which is built of wood and bricks. Then our driver will send you to take a high-speed train back to Lanzhou in the afternoon.
Stay overnight in Lanzhou
- Giant Buddha Temple
- Wooden Pagoda Temple
You will enjoy the stunning scenery along the Qinghai - Tibet Railway. When the train passes through Xining and enters the Golmud region, the breathtaking view will appear one after another. Be sure to capture the memorable scenes with your camera. Major attractions are Qinghai Salt Lake, Yuzhu Peak, Kekexili Nature Reserve, Tuotuo River, Tangula pass, Tsonag Lake, Qiangtang Prairie and Namtso Lake, etc.
Stay overnight in the train
Our local Tibetan guide will wait for you at Lhasa railway station by holding your name sign. You will be greeted with a warm Tashi Delek (a kind of blessing), and be presented with a white Hada (traditional Tibetan ceremonial by giving you a white scarf). Then transfer to the hotel in Lhasa city. On your first arrival day in Lhasa (3650m), it's essential to have a good rest to avoid Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS, also known as altitude sickness). Remember to drink lots of water, eat lighter and have high carbohydrate food which will be helpful to you to adapt to the high altitude better.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning your guide will meet you at the hotel and take you to visit the famous Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the masterpiece of Tibetan architecture. It was first built by 33rd King Songtsen Gangpo in the 7th century and rebuilt later by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Now it is a museum and world heritage site.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Jokhang Temple in the center of the old Lhasa city. Jokhang Temple is one of the most sacred temples all over Tibet and it is always bustling with earnest local pilgrims since the early days. After that, you will take a walk around the Barkhor Street which is one of the most devotional circuits as well as a crowded central market of Lhasa. Barkhor Street is a very ancient round street surrounding the Jokhang Temple and the locals are always proud of it. As a symbol of Lhasa, it is also a must-see place for visitors.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today’s first attraction is Drepung Monastery. Drepung means "piles of rice" in Tibetan, which symbolizes prosperity. It's the world's largest monastery that housed for more than 10,000 monks. Also, It's the highest-ranking monastery in the Gelug Sect. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery, which was founded in 1419 by Tsongkapa's disciple Jamchen Choeje. The most attractive thing of Sera Monastery is the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- All meals listed in the above itinerary;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Free use of sleeping bag;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While Gratuities for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
My TIBET experience with Great Tibet Tour was very brilliant. It was the 2nd-time visit to TIBET but Shigatse and Gyantse. The hotel you chose me at Shigatse had very Lovely Tibetan decoration. and Guides ( both 2 guys) were very kind and gentle. So I could relax. ....Read more testimonials...