Dode Valley One Day Trekking Tour
- 5 Days
- From USD720
- Lhasa- Dode Valley- Lhasa
- Tour Type:
- Private Tour
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities|
|1||Arrival in Lhasa (3650m)||Pick up and transfer to the hotel|
|2||Lhasa Suburb||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery|
|3||Lhasa Sightseeing||Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street|
|4||Lhasa - Dode Valley - Lhasa||Dode Valley|
|5||Departure from Lhasa||Send off to the airport/railway station|
This is the first day in Tibet. Your guide will greet you at Lhasa Gonggar Airport/Railway Station and transfer you to your hotel. It usually takes around 1.5 hours to drive from Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa and takes about 20mins from Lhasa Railway Station. Tourists could have a look at the Yarlung Tsangpo River, the largest and longest river in Tibet on their way to the hotel. After check-in, you can have a good rest first. And if you feel like going out, you can wander around the city. But just remember that don't take too much stuff, try to go with a light pack. Meanwhile, drink some more water, do not move strenuously. It’s really useful to get acclimatized to the high altitude.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
After breakfast, our tour guide will first take you to visit Drepung Monastery which is the world's largest monastery that housed over 10,000 monks. After lunch, you will continue to visit the Sera Monastery, which's reputed as the most beautiful Tibetan monastery in Lhasa. The most attractive activity at Sera Monastery is to watch the Buddhist Scriptures debating held in the courtyard between 15:00 - 17:00.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
On your third day, you will be feeling much more acclimatized to Lhasa’s high elevation. It is an excellent idea to spend the day exploring the Potala Palace, which is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. The superb collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet. It is best to explore the inside of the Potala in the morning for 2-3 hours. Afterward, you can walk the pilgrimage route around the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon, you will head to the Jokhang Temple, which is well known as the center of the Tibetan Buddhism, features Buddhist prayer wheels, reclining deer, and golden sutra streamers. Also, you can see a great many of pilgrims praying in front of the temple and do kora with local pilgrims.
After visiting the Jokhang Temple, you can stroll in the old alleys of Barkhor Street, where you may drink the sweet tea, chat with locals to experience the real-life in Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Dode Valley, just 7 kilometers from the city, is a good choice for hiking in the suburbs of Lhasa. You can walk up the stream, listen to the sound of running water, watch the green trees and grasses sprout on both sides of the stream, and enjoy the fresh air here. Those with physical strength can continue to climb up the mountain. There is a lake called Yicuo Lake at the top of the mountain, and the scenery is very beautiful. However, it should be noted that the altitude where Yicuo Lake located is relatively high, about 5,100 meters. You need to climb for 3 hours to get there. Please act according to your capacities.
If you don't want to climb too high, you can have the Linka(outdoor Picnic in Tibetan) by the stream when you are tired. There are many tents set up by the villagers. After coming down, you can go to the hospitable Tibetan family to experience their traditional lives.
Your tour ends today. Our guide and driver will collect you from your hotel to transfer to Lhasa Airport/Railway Station for your next destination.
Tour Price and Service
From US$720 p/p
Based on 3-star hotels for 2 people in low seasons. Price varies according to travel season, number of people and level of accommodation.
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance tickets fee for tourist attractions listed in the itinerary;
- Experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel, or guesthouse. Please tell us your preference;
- Breakfasts provided by hotels;
- Pick-up & Drop-off service from Airport/railway station;
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government tax;
- Express delivery fee of Permit (eg. SF. Express);
- Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- International flight to and out of China;
- Chinese Visa/China Group Visa; (Note: we could help you by providing the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies for your Chinese Visa or the invitation letter for your China Group Visa)
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa; (We can help you book the domestic flight/train ticket at the BEST price. Please contact us for details.)
- Meals are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- While the gratuity for guide and driver is NOT mandatory, it is expected. Based on their service, you can tip them on the last day of the tour. Each of you is suggested to tip them 5-10 USD/day in total;
- All the commission and tax charged by PayPal, Bank, and government when making payment. (e.g. PayPal --- 4.2%. Wire transfer --- 2%);
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, optional tour activities, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
It is a bity that Marcia and Becky lose the opportunity to have this tour with us. Marcia and Becky may try to finish this tour next year. Keep in touch. ....Read more testimonials...