Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter from Kathmandu
- 12 Days
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Simikot - Hilsa - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Mt Kailash Kora - Taklakot - Hilsa - Simikot - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
- Tour Type:
- Group Tour
- Group Size:
- Max 20
The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter Package is not just an adventure but a spiritual tour. A helicopter makes it possible for those who cannot trudge for the whole course to complete the pilgrimage. The trip starts from Kathmandu by performing Puja at Lord Pashupatinath temple and Budhanilakantha temple. Then you will be flying from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and from Nepalgunj to Simikot with scheduled flights. On Simikot /Hilsa/Simikot sectors, you will take a special chartered helicopter flight. Then drive across the Nepal-Tibet border to Taklakot (also called Purang in Tibet).
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is named after two holy, spiritual and religiously significant sites: Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. Lake Mansarovar is lying at the foot of Mt.Kailash. The lake is considered a symbol of purity and it is believed that a dip in its holy water can cleanse one’s sins. After visiting the holy lake, you will start your Mt.Kailash kora/parikrama on foot, an ancient ritual of devotion that is believed by pilgrims to bring good fortune in one’s life. Afterward, you will return to Hilsa by car and fly back to Kathmandu.
|Day||Route||Attractions & Activities||Accommodation||Meals|
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||Pick up from the airport||Kathmandu, 3★/4★||D|
|2||Half-Day Kathmandu Pilgrimage Sightseeing & Fly to Nepalgunj||Pashupatinath Temple, Budhanilkantha Temple||Nepalgunj, 3★/4★||B/L/D|
|3||Fly to Simikot & Hike to Shiva Temple||Fly to Simikot, Shiva Temple||Simikot, 3★/4★||B/L/D|
|4||Fly to Hilsa & Drive to Taklakot||Enjoy the scenery along the way||Taklakot, 3 ★||B/L/D|
|5||Drive to Mansarovar & Mansarovar Parikrama||Lake Mansarovar||Mansarovar, Guesthouse||B/L/D|
|6||Mansarovar to Darchen, 35km, Approx. 1hr||Chiu Gompa Monastery, the hot spring||Darchen, Guesthouse/4★||B/L/D|
|7||Mt Kailash Kora①: Darchen - Dirapuk, 10km, Approx. 6~7hrs||Mount Kailash Kora||Dirapuk, Guesthouse||B/L/D|
|8||Mt Kailash Kora②: Dirapuk - Zutulpuk, 22km, Approx. 8~9hrs||Mount Kailash Kora||Zutulpuk, camp/ guesthouse||B/L/D|
|9||Mt Kailash Kora③: Zutulpuk - Darchen, 8km, 3hrs; Drive to Taklakot, 150km, 2hrs||Mount Kailash Kora||Taklakot, 3★||B/L/D|
|10||Drive to Hilsa, Fly to Nepalgunj via Simikot||Nepalgunj Airport||Nepalgunj, 3★/4★||B/L/D|
|11||Fly to Kathmandu||Kathmandu sightseeing||Kathmandu, 3★/4★/5★||B/L/D|
|12||Departure from Kathmandu||Send off to the airport||B|
In the early morning, you will be transferred to the airport and take a flight to Hilsa (3,704m, 15min flight) by Chartered Helicopter. 5 persons in each flight and luggage should not beyond 10kg per person. The flight would pass through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys. After arriving, you will cross the bridge, complete immigration formalities and walk to the Chinese side – known as Sera for the China side Immigration. As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members must enter together and exit together.
Then you will meet your Chinese guide & driver and proceed to Taklakot (4,025m), Known as Purang to Chinese. The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 30 minutes and the driving distance is about 30km. At Taklakot, you will check into the hotel and be free for the rest of the day to acclimatize to the altitude.
Stay overnight at a hotel in Taklakot.
After a short 45-minute drive, you will reach Darchen(4,664m). En route, you can visit Chiu Gompa Monastery as well the hot spring behind it. Finally, you will arrive in Darchen, which is situated on the foothill of Mount Kailash and considered as the base camp for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. From Darchen, you can see the mighty west face of Mount Kailash. During the auspicious pilgrimage time, this place will be flooded with pilgrims with hundreds of tents all around.
Stay overnight in Darchen
Today, you will start the sacred circumambulation around holy Kailash. A light breakfast will be served before your departure. Then drive 6km to Tarboche, which is the starting point of the Yatra. In Yama Dwar, also known as the Gates of the Lord of Death, you will meet with your porter, horses and yaks and then set off together to trek to Diraphuk. After 6 kilometers, you will get to Chukku monastery, usually, people will have lunch with their packed meal boxes here.
Then, continue trekking to Dirapuk (4,765m). It stands at an elevation of 4,920m. This is the only place where you can see up close the mighty north face of Mt. Kailash. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Today is the longest, hardest but holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra and you will continue your Parikrama. After leaving Dirapuk for 3km, you will go uphill and see the sky burial platform. Keep moving 2 kilometers, you will reach the highest point of this divine trip - Droma La Pass (5,585m), full of fluttering prayer flags. After a short break, you will make a gentle descent from this pass, you will spot a tiny glacial lake on the right side of the trail. This is Gauri Kunda. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consort of Lord Shiva.
After Gauri Kunda, you will be lead downward along a steep and stony trail and eventually reach your campsite at Zulturpuk Monastery(4,790m). Overnight stay at camp/ guesthouse.
Today is the last day of this divine circumambulation. You will follow an easy and flat trail, which takes about 3-4hrs in the morning to complete your Kailash Parikrama. Packed lunch will be served on the way.
In Darchen, your vehicle will be waiting for you and take you and the group to Taklakot. Stay overnight at a hotel.
* Special welcome on arrival in Kathmandu;
* One briefing session in Kathmandu or Nepalgunj;
* Two nights stay at 5/4 star Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and 2 Nights stay at the hotel Sitharth/ Cygnett/ Sneha on a twin share basis with all meals( pure veg only) if the yatri have booked the yatra via Kathmandu;
* Six nights’ accommodation in Tibet (Guesthouse, Camp & Hotel) (3-star equivalent Hotel at Taklakot/Darchen) including all meals;
* Kathmandu half-day sightseeing: Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Budhanilakanth Temple;
* Flight Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu;
* Chartered Helicopter flight for Simikot – Hilsa - Simikot (on sharing basis);
* Nepalgunj/Simikot/ Nepalgunj by scheduled flight;
* Fully trained Sherpa team with Professional government license holder English-speaking tour guide in Tibet;
* Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) every day while on the yatra;
* Required trekking & kitchen equipment & First aid kit;
* Mineral & boiled water;
* Oxygen cylinder and oxygen pillow as per the requirements;
* Simikot Area Entry Permit, Tibet Visa & Permit Fee and necessary Border charges;
* Ground transfers in Tibet on Deluxe Coach;
* Free use of Down Jacket, Backpack, Raincoat ( Pancho), Monkey cap & duffel bag for free;
* Yatra Completion Certificate;
* Wages, meals, accommodation, transportation, equipment, insurance and other facilities to the tour staff during the trip;
* All kinds of local and government TAX etc.
* Nepal visa fees US$ 30 or 50 (Single Entry Visa valid for 15 or 30 days respectively payable in cash at immigration and requires a recent photograph), no visa applications for the Indian passport holder;
* Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary;
* Any items and services not mentioned in the PRICE INCLUDE section;
* Items of personal nature such as trekking equipment, bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone, calls internet, SIM Card, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to the staff at a hotel;
guide, driver, porter, Horse / Pony ride, etc.;
* Extra costs that may arise due to delay to receive Tibet Travel Permit and Visa, prolonged delays or postponement of flight due to technical reasons;
* Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances;
* All the obligations and fines like the death penalty USD 1,000.00 and early return expenses etc.;
* Personal insurance policy - suggested comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization;
* Insurance that covers Trekking/ Travel/ Accident /Medical/Emergency evacuations, [Helicopter rescue];
* Photography charges in the monasteries and monuments.
I just returned to Beijing yesterday and I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful trip to Tibet. Your company arranged everything very well, and Lobsang was an excellent tour guide, I was deeply impressed by how hard-working and dedicated he was, especially when he helped arrange my nucleic a ....Read more testimonials...